Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed.
Yes, I know it's not Friday! But one of the requirements of winning the Traveling Stash is that I have to hold the giveaway on the 29th of the month. So here I am, a day early. Think of this as my Friday post :) Yesterday was spent divided between my sewing machine and prepping a new counted cross stitch project. If I could add about 4 additional hours to the day devoted to crafting I would be a happy camper. We don't have any big plans this weekend for a change. I'm looking forward to a bit of quiet. Do you have plans for the weekend or will you be able to spend the time plying your favorite craft?
LITTLE FACT OF THE DAY
Beavers have always been a favorite of mine. They can be very destructive but I still think they are one of cutest creatures. One of local parks located on a natural waterway has had to put up tree protective barriers to keep a beaver or two from felling the trees along the walk paths. It caused quite an uproar when the city said they were going to trap the beavers and move them to a more remote location. Here are some facts about beavers:
* Beavers grow three to four feet long and weigh between forty and sixty pounds
* A beaver's front teeth never stop growing
* Beavers can swim at an average of five miles per hour.
* A beaver can stay underwater for approximately fifteen minutes before coming up for air.
* Beavers are very vocal with their children. They even discipline their offspring.
* A beaver's teeth have a hard orange coating that helps to keep them from breaking.
* Their front teeth stick out of their closed mouths so that they may work underwater without swallowing water.
* Beavers mate for life
* The beaver waterproofs its thick fur by coating it with castoreum, an oily secretion from its scent glands.
LEAP YEAR TRAVELING STASH GIVEAWAY
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
On the first of the month, I won the Leap Year Traveling Stash from Ann Marie of 16 Muddy Feet. When it arrived, I was amazed at how much fabric there was in the box. It was absolutely crammed full and I told Ann Marie that she must have had to sit on it to close it. And, guess what? She DID! Here's the top layer of the box....
There is layer, upon layer, of fabric in this box. Mostly fat quarters but there are a couple of larger cuts also. Here is what I removed:
11 assorted fat quarters. I will be replacing them with the same amount if not more.
Here is what you need to do if you want to win it:
1. You must be a blogger so you can "pass it on" to another blogger on the 29th of next month.This way it can keep on giving all year long and beyond. Keep us posted about where it's going.
2. You must be willing to ship it on to the next person, within a day or so after your giveway on the 29th.
3. You may take anything you like, but for every item you remove, you must replace it with another item, or more.To keep the box filled to the brim.(Items do not need to be new, but if they are not new, they must be gently used.)
4. You may fill the box with: orphan blocks, books, patterns, notions, rulers, and definitely fabric, anything sewing or crafting related.
5. There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.
6. Because of the weight of this box, you must live within the USA to enter.
7. This giveaway will end on Sunday, April 1, at 4:00 pm PDT. I will post the winner in my regular Monday post (April 2).
8. You must have a way for me to contact you. If you are a no-reply blogger, you must include your email in your comment. Otherwise, your comment will not count and you can not win.
Okay, now leave me a comment telling where the Traveling Stash will be going if you are the winner.
Only 1 comment per person, please.
COUNTED CROSS STITCH UPDATE
As I warned you last week, I wouldn't get in as much stitching time as I did last week.....
This will be the last update on this particular project for awhile. I will be starting a new project (hopefully tomorrow) that is to be a Christmas present. Yes, I know it's only March, but I don't want to feel pressured come the holidays to get it completed. So, for now, it's on to something new but I will definitely be back to this project just as soon as the new one is finished.
Design: Summer Sampler
Designer: Sandy Orton for Kooler Design Studio
Fabric: 18 count cream Aida cloth
Fiber: 2 strands over 1 - DMC floss
Earlier this week I received swap blocks from Sue B, my March swap partner in 6 Inch Block Swaps Australia.....
I requested bright with thoughts of children and these two wonderful blocks definitely fit that description. Thank you so very much, Sue!
And here are the blocks I made for Sue.....
Sue requested sailboats. This was a fun paper pieced block to make. I had just the perfect fabric for the water, too. Sue has received these blocks and said that she really liked them.
Today I will be finishing up the second of my Loving Hands quilts.
McQ News is having a giveaway. You could win a pack of fabric from the Amelia collection by Me and My Sister for moda. This giveaway ends Monday, April 2.
Terry's Treasures is having a giveaway. You could win 3 past issues of quilting magazines. This giveaway ends Sunday, April 1.
Stitch This is having a giveaway. You could win a copy of Kaleidoscope Paper Piecing. This giveaway ends Tuesday, April 3.
The Jolly Jabber is having a giveaway. You could win Jenn Ski's Designer Select Fat Quarter Bundle. This giveaway ends Tuesday, April 3.
Qspace is having a giveaway. You could win a copy of Fresh Fabric Treats or copy of Miniature Food Masterclass. This giveaway ends Sunday, April 1, Australian time.
Fabricworm is having a giveaway. You could win 1 yard of Ghastlies Family Reunion in Natural by Alexander Henry. This giveaway ends Monday, April 2, at 2:00 pm PDT.
Diary of a Quilter is having a sponsored giveaway. You could win a bundle of 5 half-yard cuts of Heather Bailey's Freshcut fabrics. This giveaway ends Saturday, March 31, at midnight MST.
Something to bend your mind with today.