Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Award


I WAS AWARDED

Earlier in the week, Erica, of Vicrace Designs, and Sue B, of Quilted Hugs, awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. I'm very honored to receive this award. 

There are rules to this award...
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself on the post.
3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4. Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you've picked for the award.
Here are seven things about me...
1.  I love classical music
2.  I am easily distracted by the birds that visit my yard.
3.  Weather fascinates me
4. I am extremely shy - so much so that many people think I'm just being a snob
5. I have an acute sense of smell that sometimes drives my DH crazy
6.  I wish I could paint or draw
7.  If I don't have something to keep my hands busy while watching TV I will fall asleep almost instantly - unfortunately this doesn't happen in bed.
Now I have to pass this on to 15 other bloggers.  How can I pick just 15?  I ended up with 16.  I think I will award this to smaller bloggers in hopes that you will pay them a visit:

1. A Quilting Southpaw's Thoughts 
2. Armchair Quilter 
3. Baily and the Boys 
4. BillieBee's Blog 
5. Calculating Quilter 
6.  Farm Girl Transplanted 
7.  Hilachas 
8. Living The Dream 
9. Needle, Thread, Happiness  
10. Suemacseeds 
11. The Quilty Home 
12. The Veggie Hunter 
13. My Patchwork Life 
14. One More Quilt 
15. Quilting By The River
16. Nunu's Quilt World



Thank you again, to Erica and Sue B.  I hope you will take the time to visit the above blogs!

Hugs,

20 comments:

Joanna said...

Thank you, Linda, for thinking about my blog when making your list. I appreciate it. And congratulations for receiving the award yourself. It's certainly well deserved.

Unknown said...

You are most welcome. I never thought to do links to all of the bloggers I mentioned, I might do just that, brilliant idea

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations Linda and I love the concept of chosing your bloggers - I visit most of them, will certainly visit the new2me ones.

Barb said...

Congratulations on your award. Visit my blog sometime too!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Linda! You are a fabulous blogger and always put a smile on my face. I launched my new blog this week if you would like to stop by: http://blog.sewbittersweetdesigns.com. You are definitely deserving!

Erica said...

You're welcome Linda! I always enjoy your blog posts. How cool is it that you received this from 2 of your readers this week!

Now I'm off to check out your blog list!

Sara Lyn said...

I loved the things you shared about yourself. I think I would make a similar list. My favorite thing about the weather is the clouds! I get a big kick out of clouds. I really enjoy your blog.

Kris said...

Linda -
I can sure relate to most of the things you shared about yourself but the one that sticks out the most is #7!! Arrrrrgggghhhh!! Kris

quiltzyx said...

Congratulations Linda!!
Yours is one blog I always enjoy reading. And if I get behind on my blog-reading, it's one of the first that I want to catch up on. :D

I'm off to check out the blogs you nominated now.

Linda in Calif. said...

Congrats on the award, you do have a great blog. So funny about falling asleep without something to do unless you are in bed!

Christine said...

Congrats Linda! I enjoy your blog very much!

Shannon said...

Linda, thank you! I am shocked. You even broke the rules for me, HEE HEE. I will go get this on my blog and find my 15 people to share with. I am not sure that I can find 15 but I will try. Thank you again. I did go and check out the others. I follow some of them already. All were very great blogs. I follow them all now!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your win, Linda!

Thanks for thinking of me and my blog. :)

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Cheryll said...

Congrats Linda!
Well deserved! :)

Barbara said...

Congrats, Linda! Love your blog!

Quiet Quilter said...

Congratulations, Linda...Your blog is always so entertaining and comfortable to read...and thanks for thinking of me at award time. Looking forward to checking out the others on the list...

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Congrats and thank you! I better get to work if I am going to narrow my choices down to 15!
Thank you again!!
Carolyn

Wendy said...

Aw, Linda, you definitely deserve this award! And I was thrilled to see my blog on your list. Thank you and I'll definitely get going on my part!

krisgray said...

Thank you , Linda. I also spend a lot of time watching birds that come to our feeders and the bird bath. They're fascinating.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I am shy too and I am always worried about what people think when they look at me. That is why blogland is so good for me I think.

Good for you for choosing smaller blogs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...