The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring.
The days just seem to keep flying by and there's so many things I want to do! I have several projects that I would like to start but am refraining until I've finished a couple of the ones I'm currently working on. I'm taking a class through Craftsy on paper piecing that actually gives you projects to make. This is fun and I'm learning some good ideas that I hadn't tried before. It's always fun to learn something new. Are you in the process of learning something new or are you happy right where you are?
LITTLE FACT OF THE DAY
Have you ever encountered a porcupine? I haven't and hope never I never do. They are quite interesting looking creatures and don't seem to be too much of a threat when they are lumbering around. Here are some facts I found about porcupines:
* The term “porcupine” means: “the one that rises in anger.”
* Known as master-climbers, have strong legs, curved claws and flat paws, which are all very useful in climbing trees. Some of them can even use their strong tails for this purpose.
* do not hibernate. Their homes are called dens.
* are herbivores, which means they do not eat meat and feed mainly on leaves, thistles, weeds, the bark of tress, pine needles, etc. They use their sharp, strong teeth to chew through the hard wood and the seeds; they use their long incisors to peel off the bark of trees.
* Their babies are born with soft quills that harden in a few hours. In about six months, after they have learned to survive on their own, they are ready to leave their mother’s side.
* In the past, Native Americans used the porcupines’ quills to decorate clothes and moccasins or ashairpins. s were an important source of food as well.
* Some people believe the porcupines to be dangerous animals, but in reality, these shy beings can be very useful to other living creatures. Feeding mostly on common tree species, they ensure a better natural lighting in thick woods by chewing off leaves from the trees’ foliage. Sometime they may tumble down from trees, because their sight is not very good.
WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT ONE FLOWER WEDNESDAY?
I would probably lost and with not many flowers made without One Flower Wednesday. But this is another week, and I've made two hexie flowers for One Flower Wednesday.....
There certainly is a lot of blue in this flower. The bees are busy in my garden so they might as well appear on my hexie flower too.
More blue! Must have been the day I selected the fabrics to make the flowers this week - lol! All those kitties dressed up in the party best just waiting for the poor little mouse to make his next move.
To see more flowers out there in blogland, Karen has created a linky page to make it easy for one-stop browsing. To visit that page just go HERE.
A COUPLE OF GREAT WINS
Recently I was the lucky winner of a couple of giveaways......
SkyeReve Fabrics had a giveaway on Facebook and I was a lucky winner of a yard of fabric of my choosing from her store. I selected this adorable children's print as I think it will work up wonderfully as a backing for a Loving Hands quilt. Thank you so much, Natasha!
I was also the lucky winner at a giveaway over at Sew BitterSweet Designs! Isn't this a great fat quarter bundle of Desert Daydreams Santa Fe Sky. This came from Julie at Intrepid Thread. This is a color combination that I haven't worked much with but I'm sure I can figure out some way to use it. Thank you so very much, Melissa, for the wonderful giveaway!
Today I will continue working on my paper piecing project for my Craftsy class.
Kool Beenz is having a giveaway. You could win an 8 fat quarter pack of solids. This giveaway ends Saturday, April 7, at midnight EST.
Bitter Sweet Designs is having a giveaway. You could win a $25 gift certificate to Stitches N' Giggles. This giveaway ends Friday, April 6, at 9:00 pm.
123Stitch is having a giveaway. You could win Friends & Coffee counted cross stitch chart by Sunflower Seed. This giveaway ends at the end of the month.
Notions (Connecting Threads blog) is having a giveaway. You could win a fat quarter sampler of Matsuri. This giveaway ends Sunday, April 8, at 11:59 pm.
Quilty Pleasures is having a giveaway. You could win a 3-pack of Sulky Blendables. This giveaway ends Thursday, April 5, at midnight.
Annie's Ruby Slipperz is having her weekly Mystery Monday giveaway. You could win 5 fat quarters in your choice of color. This giveaway ends Saturday, April 7, at midnight MT.