Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
~Attributed to Howard Thurman
Wednesday's just keep rolling around rather consistently, don't they. Wednesday's keep my weeks balanced. Two work days before and two after. Wednesday either finds me tearing my hair out because I have to have something finished by the end of the week or simply enjoying the fact it's the middle of the week. This week I'm simply enjoying the day. What's Wednesday usually mean for you?
LITTLE FACT OF THE DAY
I honestly didn't know much about the badger until doing my research for today's blog. Here's what I found out:
* Badgers are large nocturnal retiring creatures, which are normally shy and live in social or family groups.
* They are closely related to stoats, otters, weasels, polecats and pine martens.
* Badgers have a strong sense of smell and search for food by constantly sniffing the ground ahead of them, with the help of their snouts.
* These animals have typical underground homes called setts, which are complete with a labyrinth of tunnels.
* An adult badger can grow up to a maximum of 36” long and have a weight of around 22 to 27 lbs.
* They are omnivorous animals, depending on a wide variety of foods for their diet. However, their staple food consists of earthworms, with a per day consumption of around 200 worms.
* Badgers have powerful non-retractable claws that are very useful in digging and looking for food.
* Although these animals do not hibernate, they are less active in the winter season.
* The cubs are normally born in the month of February and are usually 1 to 3 in number. These cubs emerge around the month of May, after spending the first 8 to 10 weeks of their life underground.
* Badgers have excellent hearing and smelling sense, which proves very useful in searching for their food. However, they have very poor eyesight.
* The name badger possibly derives from the French word bêcheur meaning digger or from the word badge in reference to the white mark on its forehead.
ONE FLOWER WEDNESDAY
Two more flowers were made this week for my GFG/Eye Spy quilt.....
Earth Day (last Sunday) always makes me think of the days of hippies and peace symbols - and, yes, I'm definitely old enough to remember those days - so what better way to wax nostalgia than with this hexie flower. Don't you just love the peace symbols on the cars' wheels?
These little piggies can't wait to dive into that watermelon in the center of the flower. When I saw the pig fabric, I knew instantly that it would be made into hexies.
To check out more flowers for One Flower Wednesday, Karen has graciously provided a linky for one stop browsing. Hop on over and take a look by clicking on the link above.
SWAP BLOCKS RECEIVED
I recently received two squishies in my mailbox. I just love receiving swap blocks....
First I received this beautiful block from Rachelle in Michigan. I just love all the different fabrics she used to create this braid block. Rachelle was my March swap partner for Block Swap Adventure. Thank you so very much, Rachelle.
Then I received this adorable block from Ann Mc in Canada. This block says Christmas and I especially like the little bird in his winter hat! Ann was my December swap partner for Quilting Block Swaps Australia. Thank you so very much, Ann! Better late than never :)
I'm having trouble with the new blogger. Each time I use the scheduled posting it doesn't work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Today I have a Bee block to make.
Cat Patches is having a giveaway. You could win an assortment of goodies from Colonial Needles. This giveaway ends Thursday, April 26.
World of Charity Stitching is having a giveaway. You could win a $50 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop. This giveaway ends Thursday, May 3.
A Stitch In Time is having a giveaway. You could win two fat quarters with a beach theme. This giveaway ends Saturday, April 28, at 11:00 pm EST.
Canton Village Quilt Works is having a giveaway. You could win a copy of Marie Bostwick's newest book, Ties That Bind. This giveaway ends Wednesday, May 2.
Quilting By The River is having a giveaway. You could win a charm pack of Vintage Modern. This giveaway ends Thursday, April 26, at midnight CST.
Crafty Imaginings by Jen is having a giveaway. You could win a $15 gift certificate to either Fat Quarter Shop or 123Stitch.com. This giveaway ends Monday, April 30.
Annie's Ruby Slipperz is having her weekly Mystery
Monday Tuesday. You could win 5 fat quarters. This giveaway ends Saturday, April 28, at midnight.
Woolie Mammoth is having a giveaway. You could win a little used pattern from Bird Brain Designs and some fabric to get you started. This giveaway ends Sunday, April 29.