Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
This has been a very quiet week for me. No shopping or meetings in the evenings. I've been able to get in a lot of sewing and stitching. Now next week will be the complete opposite. I have something going on 4 evenings and a full day next Saturday. Luckily we have only a couple of errands to run this weekend so there will be time to charge the batteries. How has your week been? Will you have a quiet weekend like me?
LITTLE FACT OF THE DAY
Watching a crab skitter across the sand at the beach is so much more fun than watching a spider climb my wall. And they make such a wonderful meal! Here are some interesting facts about crabs:
* A crab is a decapod (meaning having 'ten limbs') which has eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace (a hard protective covering of bone or chitin) with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers
* Soft-shelled crabs are blue crabs that have recently cast their shells
* About one-quarter of the crab's weight is meat
* The Crab typically walks sideways
* Average crabs live no longer than 3 years.
* The crab's scientific name is Callinectes sapidus which means "beautiful swimmer"
* If a crab loses its claw, the claw will grow back
* The teeth of the crab are in its stomach.
* The biggest crab till date was found in Maryland. It was a male and measured 9 inches
* The most colorful crab in the world is probably the Sally Lightfoot Crab. It has red, orange, yellow and white colors.
I continue to work on Dancing With The Stars. I have made another Lambada block and then added....
This block is called Viennese Waltz. I'm still lovin' FFP!
Last week I sent in another completed cross stitch block to WOCS.
They are creating a quilt with a beach theme. These flip flops worked up quickly and were easy to work on in the car.