If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.
~Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker
This week just flew by. I had hoped to get a lot more completed than I did. Summer has returned and will be visiting over the weekend, too. The forecast is promising - they say we are to be in the high 80's next weekend. I sure hope they are right! This weekend seems to be a fairly normal one with a few errands to run. Oh, and before I forget, don't forget to come back Tuesday because I'm having a Fat Quarter Shop sponsored giveaway you won't want to miss! Woohoo!!! Is your weekend a busy one?
LITTLE FACT OF THE DAY
Can you guess what is my favorite breed of dog? And, no, those are not my pups. I couldn't get a good photo of the two of them together. We do have long haired miniatures and have had one that looked exactly like the short hair in the middle. One day I would like to have a wired haired. Here are some fun facts on dachshunds:
* The Dachshund belongs to the hound group. They have a very good sense of smell and are excellent at hunting.
* The Dachshund came from Germany.
* The Dachshund was bred to hunt badgers. The word dachshund means "Badger Dog".
* It is pronounced "DACKS-hoont" not "Dash-hound" or, as one friend of mine says, "Dat-sun." (No, the car was not named after them!)
* Dachshunds were first found in Europe in the 15th Century. They have an acute sense of smell, can fit into tunnels, can dig quickly, and have lots of courage. The smaller-sized dogs were used to hunt foxes and rabbits. They have a temperament that closely matches terriers.
* They look like hot dogs, and are often called wieners, but in fact, they precede the hot dog!
Recently I received two wonderful squishies in the mail.
Like most of you, I entered several of the giveaways during the blog hop that was hosted by Michele over at the Quilting Gallery. I was the lucky winner of three of those giveaways! This fun package of two quilting magazines and beautiful fabrics is from Carly over at Faith, Family, and Frugality. Thank you so much, Carly, I'm enjoying looking through the magazines and love the fabric.
And then I received this darling Doll Quilt from Merry. Merry was my July swap partner for the Doll Quilter's Monthly hosted by Barbara. Life got a bit in the way for Merry but the wait was well worth it. Don't you just love all those yoyo's? And did you notice the little patriotic bee on the right hand side. I'm not waiting until next July to put this little quilt out on display. Thank you, Merry!
It was a great mail week :)
I'm still working on the Dancing With The Stars quilt.....one block at a time.
This block is called Cha-Cha. It reminds me of looking through a kaleidoscope where the pieces don't quit match up. I don't care for this block by itself but I do like it mixed in with all the rest.